Friday, February 11, 2011





Hello and Welcome to my Travel Blog!

Well, I finally made it to Perth after many hours on three airplanes. I traveled from PDX to San Francisco first. Then, with four other Willamette students, I flew from San Fran to Sydney. It was a really long flight(14 hours!), but I slept most of the way there. Qantas gave us a lot of food to eat on the plane. They had the best airline service I have ever experienced. I had salmon, salad, tiramisu, tea, and cadbury hot chocolate for dinner. We also got a snack bag, a toothbrush and toothpaste, an eyemask, a pillow and blanket, and a breakfast with granola, fruit juice, a muffin, and a "seasonal fruit platter." Unfortunately, When we finally landed in Sydney the lines at customs and immigration were so long that we missed our next flight. Instead, we got a flight a few hours later and left the airport via train to explore the city of Sydney.






Gumby in the Botanical Garden


Me next to a giant fig tree (Ficus macrophylla)



Australian White Ibis



Later that night we took another flight to Perth where a representative from the University of Western Australia was waiting to pick us up. We took a van to the dorms where we would stay. The next morning we left for a four day excursion in the Margaret River Area.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see that Gumby is along with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What type of plants did you see that were unique to that area? I hope you are picking up floaty pens for your mom along the way!! What is Gumby holding? Looks like chicken poo to me! I hope that you have a very Happy Valentine's Day on Monday, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures Anna Banana! I loved the fig tree...wonder if bears figs as good as the ones at Zena...

    ReplyDelete