Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cottesloe Beach Sculptures

I recently went to Cottesloe Beach located a few minutes away from Perth by bus. I have been there several times, but this time I went there were sculptures all over the beach. They were part of the 77th Annual Sculpture by the Sea exhibition. I was there when artists were setting up the pieces, so not all of them were there. 60 artists from all over the world showcase their work at this beach. Here are some photos:
These shoes looked like they were made of sand- I think the artist dipped them in glue and rolled them on the beach.
It's a little hard to tell, but this is a river of folded paper boats.


Glass orbs




This was one of my favorites- it looks like a giant game of pick-up-sticks.

Result of a really bad farmers tan.

Another favorite was a herd of fans that looked like a field of sunflowers, and one that had a bunch of white hands coming out of the sand.

I thought I would make my own sculpture:

2 comments:

  1. I love it that the art is out in the open - so you can get close to it and interact with it. the weather looks so wonderful - I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! I really want the shoe sculpture for for my front yard :)

    ReplyDelete